Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:29:07 -0400
It was suggested, following my post about polarizing HCPs that I also send
posts to all other HCPs and community members that stereotype and criticize
Lactation Consultants...
I agree that there are many out there who could use a gentle reminder about
their behavior towards LCs (or maybe a brick upside the head - just kidding!),
but no...I won't be sending messages to all those people. I do not have the
resources, the time, or the energy to take on that task. If you would like to
fight that battle, be my guest...
My intent was to raise the awareness of people posting on this messageboard
as to how super-critical of HCPs some of their postings are. These attitudes
contribute to the lack of teamwork and defensiveness that corrodes our
healthcare system, and reinforces the negative impressions that many in the
healthcare community have of LCs.

There are several sayings that keep coming to mind during these discussions. I
don't know the origins of them, and I apologize if I don't give credit where it is
due;
"You attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"
"Are you part of the problem or the solution?"
"You cannot control the behavior of others, only your own behavior"
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
"A critical tongue is never pretty"
"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"
"Lead by example"