From:
Sara Dodder Furr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:22:32 -0500
Renee, I think you are referring to ductal carcinoma in situ or DCIS.  Did
this mom have bilateral DCIS and/or bilateral radiation of the breast?  If
she was only treated on one side, she may be able to breastfeed from the
unaffected breast.  (see
http://www.susanlovemd.org/faq/breast-feeding/breast-feeding2.html)

Is it possible that the lack of milk is related to the extreme stress this
mother is undergoing?  Please try to find out if she had any breast
growth/change during pregnancy.  All may not be lost.

Try googling "ductal carcinoma in situ" + breastfeeding OR DCIS +
breastfeeding.

Sara Dodder Furr, LLL Leader
Lincoln, Nebraska