From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 00:00:48 +0100
Laura, I agree that this baby should not have his intake restricted any
longer. For four months he was unable to feed effectively, and he was
really deprived. He still needs to catch up.

I am curious about how it happened that he could go for four months with
such glaring problems.  A baby who is growing very very slowly, with
anatomical barriers to effective feeding might have been vigorously
attempting to get someone to feed him more, not sleeping through the night
and accepting 5-6 feeds daily.  You say the mother has worked very hard to
keep him on just her milk.  Did it take four months for her to get someone
to look at the baby and discover he was way undernourished?  Or was she
being advised by someone who thought it was normal for a newborn to be
content with 5-6 feeds, and to sleep all night? Not sure which is worse,
really.

Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway