Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:58:40 -0600
>I'm about to just start telling my
>co-workers when they ask how me and the baby are that we are fine, she's
>fine, I'm fine, everything's fine.

"Ann Landers" here:

Do it!  Tell them that everything is "fine"-- because it is.  Be selective
to whom you tell the teeny weeny parts that are less "fine."

You won't be able to enlighten them to the joys of breastfeeding nor will
you be able to convince them that your going to feed your baby at midday is
not an unbearable burden.  You'll just have to settle for knowing,
yourself, that you and your baby are so fortunate that you are able to make
such a "fine" arrangement.

It is not the bottle and your baby's hunger that they don't understand;
it's the relationship and the connection. After a bit, it will be a non
issue to them.  New babies and what we do with them always stirs up
emotions and opinions.  I'm sorry that you don't have people around you who
rejoice in your growing relationship with your little one.  Just take all
of us with you.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Upper Midwest, USA

mailto:[log in to unmask]