Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:27:10 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
It is such a joy and education for me to be here on Lactnet, Always such great advice from so many diffferent angles when a case study gets posted. Things one might not think of, because all of have different areas of expertise and interest. And Catherine Watson Genna, you rock, you are so very knowledgeable from the Infant's perspective, I am currently reading your book and learning a lot. I have often thought that the Baby gets left out of the equation, we can be so focused on getting the Baby latched and suckling, I think sometimes we forget to think about how it feels from the Baby's perspective to have a Breast shoved into your face, if the positon feels threatening to the Infant or they are having mild and missable airway, suckling  or swallowing issues.  Oh and I have been using the Biological Nurturing AKA Australian position and havig great success with it, the Infants seem to be much more relaxed and do  naturally seem  to latch deeper in this position, without me or mom having to touch their head or neck,  And most of the Mom's love it also, they say reclining makes it much easier for them as well. Thanks All of you, Lisa Mooney  		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2