From:
Claire Bloodgood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 08:05:14 -0400
On Mon, 2 May 2005 13:51:04 -0700, gonneke van veldhuizen
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>More than one elderly people told about the old days when the pastor, in
both Roman Catholic as Reformed churches, would come and visit and have
nice talks and asking about new pregnancies to await. And the stories are
in the books that record the stories of elderly about how things were in
their young years and what they heard their grandparents tell.
>And I've once visited a new mom of het 7th child who very much was *not*
happy having all those children, but was told by her church members and
pastor that a good christian wife should have as many children as possible
(a very to the letter interpretation of ''be fruitfull''). She was of my
age,

>Warmly,
>Gonneke,
>Dutch IBCLC, living in Germany, teaching in Belgium

Individual Christians and various church factions have always said and done
things that are not representative of Christians in general.  Those actions
are often generalized to "churches have taught."  That's why I asked for
internal documents.  Is it an official teaching of the church, or is it
from a sub-group of the church?

The Church has struggled with misinterpretations of the what the Church
teaches from the very beginning (Acts 15, and 2 Peter 3:16).  This sounds
like another example of people pushing their own agenda in the name of
religion.

peace,
Claire Bloodgood, IBCLC