From:
Lynn Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:15:12 -0600
On Mar 9, 2006, at 11:17 AM, LACTNET automatic digest system wrote:

>  This baby *may* need a short period on true
> hypoallergenic formula like neocate (I believe) or dairy-free donor
> milk
> (even better) while mom pumps and throws out her milk until she is
> dairy
> free (maybe a week?).

Allergies were my thought, too, but I wasn't going to say anything in
case it was a zebra :)  Just a note that neocate is loaded with corn.
IME, there aren't too many babies who have a "primary" problem with
corn, but if they get damaged by unresolved dairy/soy issues, the corn
can be just as bad.  If you can, really push for dairy free donor milk.

And a week is pretty optimistic, unless she already eats pretty minimal
dairy.  Don't toss the milk--freeze it for later when the baby outgrows
the sensitivity, feed it to another child, or something!

Lynn in MO USA
who had to give up gluten, dairy, corn, soy, eggs, nuts, berries, and
citrus
and therefore has a tendency to see zebras