From:
Darillyn Starr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 21:27:48 -0700
For more information on Canadian circumcision rates, which have been
well below 50% for quite some time now, I suggest reading "Circumcision
in Canada: A Twenty Year Decline", by George Denniston, M.D., found at:
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~gcd/circumcision/v1n2.html#article1 .

Also of interest is the 1996 statement of the Fetus and Newborn
Committee of the Canadian Pediatric Society, entitled "Neonatal
Circumcision Revisited" at
http://www.cma.ca/journals/cmaj/vol-154/0769e.htm .

Considering the low, and falling rates in Canada and the policy
statement referenced above, which reccommends that routine circumcision
not be performed, I would think it more productive to try to steer
parents clear of the procedure, than to try to time it for the least
likelihood of it interferring with breastfeeding.

Darillyn Starr