From:
Fiona Coombes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 1995 12:01:00 GMT
Hi Judy

>It's interesting that you have found this to be the case, as in Western
Australia we also have very long, hot dry summers, and also spend much time
persuading mothers that they needn't give baby any extra water. Here there
is also a 'rule' - AS LONG AS BABY HAS UNRESTRICTED ACCESS TO THE BREAST.
If mother is likely to be separated from baby for any length of time, or
feeding is restricted in some other way, then mum may choose to add water
as well. Does anyone else see infants with dehydration which may be explained
by the 'quality' of milk??