From:
JOYCE JONES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 19:53:24 -0500
I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear.  I would encourage the nonimmunized woman to continue breastfeeding, of course as this would be best for the baby, but to insure that she did not become pregnant again until she could get the immunization later when the baby was stronger.  However, I frequently care for women who are having their 3rd or 5th baby and are still rubella nonimmune.  I assume these women are immunized after the birth of each baby and that they just never develop antibodies.  Joyce Jones RNC
Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com