From:
JOYCE JONES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 20:44:12 -0500
I saw the movie "Breastmen" on HBO this morning, and the best thing about it was that it showed many breasts in a very matter of fact way, as one would show arms or legs or noses.  Toward the end of the movie there were "Playboy" type scenes, unfortunately.  One of the reasons a doctor gave for offering implants was that women's breasts were ruined by breastfeeding, among other things.  One women commented that childbearing was the cause of sagging breasts.  Many women were quoted stating what they thought their breasts symbolized.  I remember only one of them mentioning nourishment for babies.  I thought it was interesting especially in that it showed surgeons profitting  both when the implants were placed then later when they were removed.  For a really interesting movie about breasts I recommend "Breasts" which I saw on TV some time in the past year.  It interviewed many women about what their breasts meant to them, showed many breast variations, many different body attit!
 udes expressed.  Joyce Jones
Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com