From:
Karyn-grace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:46:41 -0700
Permission to post:

My client is 4 months pregant and with a nearly weaned 3 year old.  She has
developed what looks like a bleb on her L nipple.  Cream colored, does not
respond to massage or manipulation of any kind, and is HARD to the touch.
Breast tissue does not reveal any plugs or suspect areas, entire breast
fairly soft and pliant to touch.  Mom says the 'bleb' hurts but does not
flinch or respond when it is touched.  Health nursed attempted to open it
with the point of a needle, to no avail.  Mother appeared to have little
sensation when 'bleb' was pierced.  I've worked with blebs before, but never
seen something like this that is hard - it's as if the milk in there (if
that is what it is) has solidified.

I do have pictures, with permission to share.  If you have a moment to have
a look and help me figure this out, please email privately.

Thanks so much!

Karyn-grace Clarke, IBCLC
Happy Tribe Consulting
Nanaimo, BC, Canada