From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:53:57 +1000
I think that the Weston Price meat based formula has been discussed here before with serious concerns raised about some of the ingredients.  It matters not the intent behind what parents feed their babies, it matters a lot what is in the food for young infants. Breastmilk for young babies is as much a tissue replacement as a food. The parameters within which a replacement for this tissue/food must be are narrow without very bad (and sometimes catastrophic) results are possible, probably or likely. Weston Price does not provide a breakdown of the nutritional composition of his formulae. It would be foolhardy to recommend them without substantially more information than is provided on the website and confirmation (at the very least) that nutrients were not being provided in greater or less amounts than required.
Karleen Gribble
Australia