ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Hever Velazquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 01:01:43 +0000

Nicely put Jeff. My two cents:

The evaluation of exhibits is valuable in that it can provide directional feedback but it does not and it should not be expected to provide THEE answers. I don't think evaluation should be taken as a sole or holistic process that guides development as it is only one short alternate (but parallel) route on the grand journey towards a creative unexpected educational experience.

In my opinion, what stifles the creative process in this field is the reliance on what others are doing or have done and the focus on looking to "best practices" as guides in the development process. This thinking does not provide an incentive or inspiration to be creative but only leads to more of the same. So stop reading.

Hever Velázquez
Research and Evaluation
OMSI