Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 18:09:01 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Charlie and Jeff rock.

In my experience in both the science museum and the private sector, research with people has been most beneficial to a creative project if the two sides of the brain, so to speak, are working in harmony with the goals of the project - can't be too researchy or serious all the time, unless you are actually striving the solve a medical problem or conducting rocket science that will assist in the spaceship that will ship out future generations to another planet that we can also outgrow as part of the normal evolutionary process of civilizations - but even then, who says you can't wear a Groucho Marx get-up while doing it? And there's nothing wrong with being crazy about your work, regardless of what it is but that leads me to something else I've realized and that somebody else mentioned on this thread; whether researchers and evaluators are working for their company/institution/development/creative teams or the "field". 

I love working for my institution and development teams and I'm sticking to it, I never subscribed to the grand old publish or perish scene. 

Hever

Is on Linkedin.  

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2