ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:22:36 -0400

Hello, Kristy:

I am sorry that you won't be able to attend...people with your
background and enthusiasm are a welcome addition to the mix.  There
are several projects going on right now that are working to develop a
more sustained interaction between scientists and science centers.
One of them, Portals to the Public, is run out of the Pacific Science
Center by Dennis Schatz.  Another is run by a colleague of mine at
the New York Hall of Science, Eric Marshall. There are several other
related projects.   A recent issue of ASTC Dimensions  is devoted to
the topic <http://www.astc.org/blog/2007/09/24/the-engaged-scientist-
fostering-successful-museum-researcher-collaborations/>  I can give
you email addresses for Dennis and Eric if you want to contact me
offlist.

Thanks for the note, and I hope you find a way to work in informal
science.  Were you involved in this program at San Diego http://
ncmir.ucsd.edu/?

Eric Siegel
Director and