ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Denise LeBlanc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 07:41:07 -0400

ECHO in Burlington, Vermont has a very nice feature in their rest rooms that
saves water and educates. You choose the amount of water to flush. Its very
effective and prompted conversation in our group and with other museum
visitors.

If you go to the following website you can download a file that has a
picture of
it. They also have alot of other energy saving and environmentally friendly
features.

http://www.echovermont.org/about/leed.html

Best of luck,
Denise

Denise LeBlanc
Education Director
Science Discovery Museum
177 Main Street
Acton, MA 01720
978-264-4200 x 20

www.discoverymuseums.org

> Date:    Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:33:49 +0200
> From:    Jean-Marie SANI <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: how to show the quantity of water, energy used ?

> institutions.
>
> Hello
>
> In the frame of the project of renewing our restrooms, we are looking for =
> systems showing to the visitors the quantity of energy or water used. The =
> idea is trying to show the impact of the daily life on the environment.
>
> Do you know if some museums or public intitution have such systems ? If =
> you have some pics, could you answer directly on my email ?
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Regards
>

> M. Jean-Marie Sani
> Directeur des publics et des activit=E9s commerciales
> Cit=E9 des sciences et de l'industrie
> 75930 Paris Cedex 19
> France
>
> 33 (0)1 40057571