ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Bowditch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 14:40:42 -0400

We built a new version of the classic color light mixing exhibit using
three very bright LED lamps, red, green and blue and it works great.
Uses virtually no power and the bulbs never need to be replaced.

Looking for very good LEDS? Check out Starled Inc (www.starled.com)in
Carson, CA. Their toll free number is: (888) 477-8275. They are VERY
helpful (unlike certain unnamed LED purveyors!) and they have a wide
variety of colors including the very attractive but elusion
"bluish-green" (500-510 NM in all sorts of packages. There's a $ 100.00
minimum per line item but these high-powered ones are often that
expensive in twos or threes. They also will make things to specific
voltages which is really useful. Their specialty is retrofits for
existing incandescent lamps.

John Bowditch
Exhibits Director
Ann Arbor Hands-ON Museum