ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:43:44 -0400

I'd suggest contacting the Mount Washington Observatory. Through their
two museums, a natural history museum on the mountain and a Weather
Discovery Center i n  the valley, they have been struggling to create
exhibits and activities to encourage visitors to interact with real
time weather data and images for almost ten years, more probably. It
can be very glitchy and relies on fancy computers and electronics
which doesn't always work and often the data and image feeds, which
must come from outside sources unless you have your own weather
stations and/or satellites. I left there in 2001, so I hope they have
solved some of the problems by now.

I don't have the email of the correct contact to hand, but their web
site is at www.mountwashington.org.

Good luck,

Matt White