ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
jason jay stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:17:32 -0600

Adding heat sources may be an asymptotic solution, if the heat is
allowed to dissipate widely.  A chimney would channel heat and, I
gather, the right design could generate more updraft, as well as
insulate dangerous heat from users.

Assuming your balloon has a hole on the top, making that hole smaller
(unfortunately not quite as easy as making a hole larger...) might
have an effect, too.

JasonJayStevens
www.potterbelmar.org/spoke