ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Len Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:20:33 -0700

Last year Ian Russell provided several links about presentations and this one speaks to using slides with lots of words and text.  It compares the presentations of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.

=======================================
...here's a revealing comparison of the contrasting Powerpoint approaches of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates:

http://presentationzen.blogs.com/presentationzen/2005/11/the_zen_estheti.html
=======================================

 - Len

>>> On 10/8/2008 at 7:31 AM, in message <[log in to unmask]>, Beryl Rosenthal
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> institutions.
> *
>
> PLEASE don't throw up slides with lots and lots of text (or worse,
> numbers, statistics, etc.)!
> Beryl
>
> Jonah Cohen wrote:
>> ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
>> Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related
> institutions.

>> What the hey, I'll bring this one up...
>>
>> The ASTC Conference starts in 9 days... any tips for session presenters
>> on things to do/not do to make for a better experience for
>> conference-goers?
>>
>> Jonah Cohen
>> Outreach & Public Programs Manager
>> The Children's Museum
>>

>> "That's the problem with being a chemist. You never actually think."
>>
>>             -Dr. Barnaby Fulton, "Monkey Business"
>>

>> This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
>> confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not
>> read use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
>> If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
>> immediately and delete this message.  Any views expressed and advice
>> given in this message is that of the individual sender, except where the
>> sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of The
>> Children's Museum.  E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be
>> secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
>> lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

>> For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the
> Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.
>>
>> Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at
> www.exhibitfiles.org.
>>
>> The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To
> learn more, visit
>> http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.
>>
>> To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
>> message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. It has been scanned for viruses. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination, use, review, disclosure, or distribution of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.