ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Katzman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:38:05 -0500

Actually I would argue that we do create for the market...but our markets
are larger than our visitation.  Our market includes the visitor, but it
also includes the funder - so we take a particular stance when selling an
idea to NSF or any other granting agency.  And while we certainly are
looking at involving all types of marketing earlier in our decisions we
have yet to effectively do that.  However, in one manner we have always had
a marketing component within our exhibition development.  Our grant writers
& fund raisers, have always strongly influenced what we do...because if we
didn't get the grant or raise the funds, then we didn't do the project.

-William Katzman

William Katzman			[log in to unmask]
Director of Exhibits			(828) 322-8169 x307
Catawba Science Center		(828) 322-1585 (fax)
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather to become a man of value"
-A. Einstein