ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:11:13 -0700

We used those for some traveling pieces a number of
years ago and they are very sturdy... but they weigh a
ton... staff needed hand trucks to move them and if they
had to haul them up or down stairs they were quite unhappy.

We also tried custom soft quilted wraps that had sturdy fabric
on the outside, a foam quilting in between and an inner layer
that didn't scratch the contents. .. they worked well is the
person packing the item did a good job in securing the
exhibit piece so it wouldn't slide around... naturally this
stuff doesn't always pack as neatly as square or rectangular
boxes...

Always a hard set of choices and you often don't know what
will work best for you until you try it and then have to correct
the mistakes...

Dave Taylor