ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nina Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:24:34 -0700

The Library of Congress project is wonderful, especially because it
illustrates quite well the power of visitors to educate, add personal
stories, and breathe life into history.  To me as a non-history buff,
the experience is WAY more engaging than that with their standard
digital archive.  It's part of a larger Flickr Commons initiative to
bring public domain images into a social space.

Lots more info and links on that project here: http://
museumtwo.blogspot.com/2008/02/library-of-congress-rocks-flickr.html

Nina