ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Morgan, Matt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2011 09:50:51 -0400

Can you create an opportunity to test two different brief phrases/explanations with visitors? It seems that "wheel and axle" and "pulley acting as a wheel and axle" are both correct, but offhand I would say the former, to many visitors, would look incomplete (since what they seek looks like a pulley) while the latter may be too much information and confusing in other ways.

Write a couple sample texts and try them with 4-5 visitors, and gauge reactions. You're not going for 95% confidence, just trying to inform your choice. Maybe you'll get better suggestions back from the test subjects!

Matt Morgan

General Manager of the Website

The Metropolitan Museum of Art