Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 12:34:06 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (55 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Zeeshan, I (for one) do not see any link to a reddit page in either of your posts. Perhaps it was stripped? The post came through as plain text and judging from your language, you had probably meant to include the URL as HTML (which would have been lost). Maybe just write back with the URL pasted in, as text?

Thanks,
Matt Morgan
General Manager of the Website
The Metropolitan Museum of Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Informal Science Education Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Zeeshan Lakhani
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 11:48 AM
To: Morgan, Matt
Subject: Re: Creating Community Through open source code/technology/git/reddit

ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Thanks to both of your replies (Jim and Eric). Eric, the reddit page should have linked to a post about the project; though, to be more in depth, the project actually stems from this Creative Commons application; though this is a bit outdated now. I apologize if my email came off as lacking detail, but projects like Open Exhibits and Ideum are influences, without a doubt. However, even though MOSCAR will incorporate exhibit technology, it will also cover topics like web technology and site management, social media, mobile applications, cloud infrastructure, etc..., which affects departments like communications, marketing, development, as well as exhibits. For example, your email about a web app for handheld exhibit maintenance would hopefully come about through our project. The github org. repo will involve all kinds of programmers/designers giving to the project. Much of it may be applications that were finished partially or just sitting around, but will be helpful and education nonetheless. Obviously, the reddit site may seem redundant, but it just serves as a way to help people find what they need on a general tech scale. Going forward, we'll hope to tie in with exhibitfiles and other resources. Jim, we would definitely like to talk to you and help others invest in open source technology. I'll send you email so that we can get that conversation going. Again, my apologies for any lack of detail. I think that our project, which is really a project for the whole, does fit a niche in the industry. I hope that this email helps clarify that point to some degree. Thanks. 

Zeeshan Lakhani
Liberty Science Center
Twitter:@zeeshanlakhani
917-885-7668 - Cell
201-253-1576 - LSC

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2