Reply To:
Jan Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:49:31 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
I have a reprint suggestion: Kathleen Deagan's Artifacts of the Spanish Colonies, Volume 1.   Color plates like the original had would be great, too. The reprint they originally did only had black and white plates. It is the ONLY decent reference for Spanish colonial ceramics for most of the area where these ceramics (and some other artifacts) are found. I use it as a class text in my Archaeological Lab Methods class. We resorted to buying used copies on line, but the cheap ones have run out. The few on line now are about $200 and I'm not asking students to pay that. Please consider a reprint. Publisher is no longer publishing. (NOTE: If this gets done, the original bead plate in the book was in backwards so the identification of beads was opposite of the real beads.)

Jan Lloyd
Archaeology Institute
University of West Florida
Lab Director
850-474-2087   lab

-----Original Message-----
>From: Frances Reed <[log in to unmask]>
>Sent: Jul 22, 2015 8:42 AM
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Book reprint suggestions?
>
>Hello  --  we reprint and make available again book titles that their original publishers have abandoned and decided to not keep in print. If you are the author of such a title or the reader or course adopter of one, we'd like to hear your suggestions.
>
>See www.blackburnpress.com for the sorts of things we do.
> 
>Many thanks.
> 
>Frances
> 
>Frances Reed
>Publisher
>The Blackburn Press
>973 - 228 - 7077
>www.blackburnpress.com

ATOM RSS1 RSS2