HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:08:36 -0500
Dear Frances,

Here's a recommended re-print; this is still the best study to-date done
of early 19th-century filibustering expeditions into Mexico, and their
leaders; although reprinted, even the reprint is rare and out of print.
Also, the libraries with hardcopies are few-and-far-between.

The sword was their passport; a history of American filibustering in the
Mexican revolution, by Harris Gaylord Warren, 1942, reprinted by
Kennikat Press, Port Washington, NY, in 1972, now quite scarce (for
example, only one middling used ex-lib copy now available on the world
book market, on Amazon, from the UK at $230).

As far as I can tell, not even university library systems has this in
their own digitized/online database libraries ... Hathi Trust has the
only legitimate digital copy, but it is restricted-use only by member
institutions, and I haven't been able to access it thru any of the
university library systems where I've done research over the past decade.

Regards,
Bob Skiles
Austin,TX