HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:29:29 -0500
John,

Next time I am out that way, I will do so. Now that I am retired from
government and own a private company, I have more freedom. I thought of
stopping by Sonny Trimble while in St. Louis the week before last, but figure
he would just throw me out on my ear. Back when DoD had the Legacy Program,
my Navy command applied for funding to convert an underground morgue to a
HVAC controlled collections management facility. Sonny traveled to Washington
or Arlington to oppose that request and seek the funds for his own program to
design megacenters across America. While he killed my program, he failed to
build the chain of megacenters. My command found other money and we built it
anyway. Sonny was pissed when I sent a letter expressing my displeasure at
his actions and he let everyone in North America know his displeasure. Every
time I spoke to a DoD administrator, I received a telephone call from the
Army letting me know they did not like my approach. Ten years later, my
collection is in excellent care and Sonny has enemies all over America. So, I
elected not to stop in for a visit. Funny how we get caught up in this stuff,
eh? Can you imagine traveling all the way to Washington just to kill someone
else's funding? Sheesh!

Ron