HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:36:03 -0500
Tim,

This "first slaves" theme has taken some interesting twists, hasn't it? But
I am not certain the people forced into working agricultural fields and locked
 up at night against their will would make much distinction between the fine
points of Spanish versus Portuguese versus English forced servitude. Deprived
of  the rights under which they were born, shipped off to some place they did
not  know, eating un familiar food, and treated as subhuman can make people
lose  track of the fine points of the law. But I have passed your comments
along to  Reekie.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.