HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Doug Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:33:08 -0700
Folks,

I have a small group of artifacts from my recent fieldwork here in BC that I
am having difficulty identifying.  They are from sites associated with
Chinese cannery workers and Japanese fishermen at a c. 1900-1930 salmon
cannery, although most objects are likely not of Asian origin.	It is likely
that women and children were present at one of the sites, in addition to the
largely male population.  You may view them at the following link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95698270@N00/sets/72157600768005562/detail/

You can view larger images by clicking on each photo, and even larger ones
by clicking on "All Sizes" above the enlarged version.	Brief descriptions
can be found below each object.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide,

Doug Ross