HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:42:34 -0700
Okay this is a more complete version than that I first saw, and agrees with
what I've heard.

We don't freeze here (Southern California); our decomposition season is all
year long.

Seems slightly different also in that all "my" farmers covered their dead
animals with dirt, whether they were work animals or beef/dairy cattle that
died unexpectedly near their homes.  None of the equine burails here that I
know of had markers.