HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Beverly, J. Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:37:41 -0400
I've run across rooster burials marked with modern concrete foot stones.  When I was a young lad I helped my grandfather and uncle bury a cow that had mysteriously died one summer.  And just recently, came across a farmer who drugged his dead cows to a certain spot in the field near the wood line.  It was eerie being around the cow carcasses in varying stages of decomposing.