HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Lyle E. Browning" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:04:42 -0500
On the question of consumption, assuming you're referring to the 4-5" long shell that is usually black on the exterior (at least the ones I saw in the incredibly polluted Tidewater James River in VA), how were they cooked to be edible? All reports I've had, including one attempt on my own, left a rather large rubber pellet;)

Unless they were meant to be consumed as some consume oysters, ie, as sliders.

Lyle Browning