HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
JAMES MURPHY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:00:45 -0400
Very interesting, particularly in view of part of what I left out of Zumwalt's history of Gulden is the statement that "in May 1883... business was flourishing with the principal items other than mustard being olives, capers, cotton seed oil, catsup & Warkwickshire sauce."  A number of Gulden bottles have this concave neck and tall, narrow form, just like many of today's olive jars.

Jim