HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
JAMES MURPHY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 21:31:53 -0500
Carol,

You may be aware that A.E.T. Co. had plants in Vernon and Hermosa Beach, California.  The Vernon plant was started in 1919 and the Hermosa Beach plant in 1926. These were both sold to Gladding McBean in 1933.  I don't know whether these are distinguishable from those made in Zanesville and New Jersey or not.  The person most likely to know is Norman Karlson, author of The Encyclopedia of American Art Tiles (Schiffer 2005).  I don't have a telephone number or e-mail address, and the only postal address I find is NORMAN KARLSON OUTPOST LOS ANGELES, CA 90068

James L. Murphy
Professor Emeritus
Ohio State University Libaries
1858 Neil Avenue Mall