HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"m.jay stottma" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 13:48:48 EDT
Iam sorry, I feel that the missing messages may be a result of my failure to
provide a heading for the messages I had sent in one posting.  These messages
refer to labeling and privies.  The labeling query refers to the use of stick
labels to artifacts.  I am interested in getting opinions on the use of acid
free labels printed in variable fonts from a laser printer and then possibly
using a sealer over the label.  What is the durability of such a process?
Does anyone use this method of labeling?  I have already recieved several
replies, so it seems that people are experimenting with the process.

In regards to privies, I am basically interested in references for privies,
particularly the more obscure excavations from CRM reports, which I may not be
privy to (pun).  I have many of the more common references from journal
articles and books.  A friend of mine is interested in faunal analyses from
privies, as well.  I hope to include the references in a bibliography for
privies, which I had promised to several people who have already sent me