HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
MR ARTHUR A REITER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 1996 13:00:38 -0500
Dear Jim Dykman,
   while living in Las Cruces, New Mexico, I came across a book
detaling the history of the whorehouses that operated in El Paso,
Texas. For the life of me, I can't remember the title of the book or
the author (why would I want to?), but that it was a local author who
had researched (some topic!) this aspect of the history of El Paso.
His research also covered the uses of creams, and devises and I'm
sure he could give you some help on the history of condoms, possibly.
 It may help that this book was being offered for sale in a
Waldenbooks bookstore, so I would suggest that you give an El Paso,
Texas, Waldenbooks bookstore a call to see if they can remember the
author, or the subject. This was at least five years back, so please
don't ask for anymore details, I've tried to tastefully forget them.
Good luck. Joanne Reiter.