HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:09:29 +0800
bisque dolls like the one you discribe generally date to between 1880-1920.
Many are marked. Try checking under the dolls hair as on the back of the
head was a common place to put the maker's mark.

Toys * Dolls* Automata. Marks and Labels. Gwen White 1975 B T Batford Ltd
London is a good reference.

Gaye