HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jane Fredeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 1994 12:58:46 -0700
I'm familiar with this issue chiefly in relation to the "appropriation" of
voice argument that has been of great concern among Canadian writers in the
last few years. Indeed, there is a conference here shortly that is only for
"writers of colour" and causing a lot of complaint because federal money is
involved.

What types of sites would be the most or least sensitive here?

>The last issue began to deal with whether non-African Americans can
>adequately conduct archeology on African-American sites.  Any thoughts would
>be appreciated. They do not have to be long or long winded.

Jane Fredeman (604) 291-4268 (fax: 291-4964)
Centre for Distance Education  Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, BC, CANADA  V5A 1S6