HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 10:14:01 -0600
> Daniel Mouer writes:

> celebration. The APVA work is being done by Kelso, Noel Hume and
> others, and they are concetrating on rediscovering the 1607 fort,
> which they appear to be having some substantial success with.  Marley

Is it correct to say that finding remains of the 1607 fort flies in
the face of long-held belief that it was located in a now-vanished
(due to erosion) bit of land?  If you can elaborate on what "substantial
success" means, I would be glad to hear about it.

Thanks.

--
Bob Rogers            Internet:  [log in to unmask]
Instrumental, Inc.    GEnie:     R.C.ROGERS