HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Eugene R. Prince" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 1995 17:19:09 PDT
Looking for information on English (North Europe)
"traveling windmills" and "mill mounds" that
covered the mounting sills. We have many references
on conventional types of medieval mills but very
little data on smaller medieval post-style mills.

Any references would be much appreciated. Anyone
know what they look like in the ground?

Please reply to me directly. If there is enough
material I will post it to the list.

Best regards,
Gene Prince. [log in to unmask]