From:
Kenneth Mao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:53:58 EDT
what are the major themes of classical music and of the Viennese
Classicism? I mean besides the invention of the symphonies and the string
quartets; we all know the sonata form and the galant style.  But when you
get down to the nitty gritty, what makes classical music classical music?
Is it it's simplicty of harmony, its banding of melodious variations? What?
Enlighten me people.  And another thought, was Haydn as a great a composer
if we put it down to this nitty gritty? Prove it to me

Kenneth Mao