From:
Baris Kilicbay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 16:30:06 +0300
Mimi wrote:

>When people complain about not liking a particular composer there are
>usually a few predictable reactions on a list such as this: we get many
>'me, too' posts, so the haters can go sit in the corner and compare how
>much they have in common.

I can understand this.  Because Mozart is seen as one of the greatest
composers of all times, it is somewhat courageous to claim that one
dislikes his music (but Bob Draper goes a little bit further and says that
Mozart's music is *not* as good as we used to be told).  But it is easy to
dislike a composer after limiting oneself to one opera.

Baris Kilicbay
Ankara, Turkey