From:
Ralf Oehlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:20:35 -0500
Richard Courchesne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My personal favorite is by Solti and the CSO on London.

I also like Solti, but was always confused about my version.  Mine comes
from the Solti Edition.  The cover claims DDD (published in 1984 like his
famous full price version with that nice landscape cover).  As the booklet
claims it was recorded in 1979 in Vienna, it cannot be a digital recording.
Where is the mistake? Is this version identical with his 1984 performance
or did Solti recorded it twice?

Best wishes,
Ralf Oehlmann