From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:38:48 -0300
Eric Kisch wrote:

>This week we also lost Bidu Sayao, she of the unforgettable
>Bachainas Brazilieras #5 and the best Zerlina I've ever heard (Met
>1942 with Pinza and Walter).  Does anyone have memories to share?

As I said in the brief obituary I wrote for her, Bidu Sayao was one of the
best Zerlinas of her time.  Especially memorable was her seasons at the Met
in 1941 (Ezio Pinza, S. Baccaloni, Titto Schippa, N. Cordon, A. Kent, Z.
Milanov, Novotna, Walter Conducting), 1942 (PInza, Kipnis, Kullman, Cordon,
Harrell, Bamptom, Walter conducting), and 1943.

Wilson Pereira.