From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 08:07:34 PDT
I hope I've phrased this question correctly.  For the past couple of weeks,
I've been thinking about it and having a little trouble putting it into
words.  So, here goes:  Is there a limit on the number of interpretations
of a piece of music, a point of diminishing returns beyond which less and
less can be "said" about it? Is it still possible for a conductor to create
a fresh interpretation of, for example, Beethoven's 5th symphony?

Ron Chaplin
Iselin, New Jersey, USA