From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 10:44:57 -0500
Donald Satz wrote:

>Charles Dalmas wrote:
>
>>I cannot believe that you consider the music of Star Wars to be pitiful.
>>That is totally without merit.
>
>That's my personal opinion.  I do want to add that "pitiful" does not apply
>to the technical aspects of composition, but the inspiration as I see it.
>The music reminded me of the music to those old Errol(sp?) Flynn
>swashbuckling films.  But, that was over 50 years ago.

Well, I believe that is a good indication that Williams was a success in
his venture.  I recall having read that the producer asked Williams to
capture the spirit of the music of those movies.

Many years ago I had a radio program on film music.  On one of my programs
devoted to Williams' music I started off with..."See if you can tell me
what Williams score this is." I then played the opening of King's Row by
Korngold.  Point being, it sounded like Williams.

Karl