From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 01:26:34 +0200
I'd recommend listening to John's recordings, too.  I knew they were
MIDI when I first heard them but they are very finely constructed.  I
am curious, though, did you really program each note in? Did you sequence
yourself playing passages real-time? And lastly how exactly does it enable
you to hear these voice relationships better than, say, just playing them
and analyzing the score?

The implications of course are that sometimes one can't tell the
difference, which is scary perhaps and a little sad.  I wonder, John, do
you play them real-time too? Wouldn't it just be faster to record them
real-time? I wonder if you could explain a little the process of creating
them?

Dave Runnion