From:
Alexandros Rigas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 09:16:39 -0400
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm aware of two of Lazar Berman's recordings of Liszt Transcendental
>Etudes.  One is on the EMI label and the other belongs to the Russian
>Piano School series.  However, I found another disc by Berman while surfing
>the net.  The disc contains Lazar Berman's Liszt Transcendental Etudes and
>Prokofiev plus a conductor.  It's on the Hungarotoon/White label.  Release
>in 1997 from AAD.

I would like to note that the two versions you are referring to are
identical,i.e.  Melodyia gave the license to EMI in the 70's to issue these
great recordings by Berman, since it was just then that his star arose.

Concerning the Hungaroton record, the only thing I can say for sure is that
I own a vinyl on this same label with L.  Berman playing the Prokofiev's
Concerto No1 (I do not remember the conductor's name) along with a sonata
and the Toccata.

This is all!

Alexandros Rigas
Athens, Greece